Tuesday, August 28, 2018 / by Tina Suttle
Here are a few tips to help ease your family's back-to-school anxiety.
- Be enthusiastic. If you are excited and confident, your child will be, too.
- Prepare yourself. Note your child's reaction to separation. If possible, visit the new setting together and introduce your child to the new teacher in advance.
- Start daily routines. Encourage kids to become involved by packing their own lunch and laying out their clothes. Also, begin an earlier bedtime at least one week before.
- Pack the night before. Kids should pack their book bag every night before bed. This eliminates the morning rush and trying to locate stray items.
- Always say good-bye to your child. Be firm, but friendly about separating. Never ridicule a child for crying. Instead, make supportive statements like, "I know it's hard to say good-bye."
- Send a photo of your family or writing a reassuring note and put it in your child's backpack or lunch box.
EXIT Real Estate Solutions
Each Office Independently Owned & Operated.
Houses For Sale In Hendersonville TN